We all know that food and drink at Walt Disney World can be expensive. Even if your package includes a dining plan, you’ll likely find yourself paying for food out of pocket in some situations. Luckily, you can bring your own snacks and beverages into the park, which is a great way to save some cash.
Then there are those times when you’re nowhere near a dining location. Whether it’s first thing in the morning as you’re running to catch the next bus to Magic Kingdom, or late at night after a long park day, there will be times when getting to a dining location is just not convenient.
For these reasons and more, taking advantage of Disney World grocery delivery while on your next WDW vacation is a great way to improve your stay. Thankfully, there are a number of ways to buy groceries right on your phone and have them delivered straight to your resort.
Buying your own groceries can help mornings move faster, and can be great if you need a late night snack. It can also be a huge help if anyone in your party is a picky eater, load up on kid-friendly snacks for times when they just won’t eat the meal you put in front of them. Additionally all the rooms have a mini fridge, so you can keep beverages cold, and snacks that may need refrigeration will have a place to live.
If you’re sold on adding an online grocery order to your next WDW trip, here are some of the best options out there.
- Online grocer with over 5000 items to choose from
- $14 fee for delivery, no minimum delivery amount, tipping optional
- If you order in advance you can receive a discount
- Will deliver alcohol
- Some items may be more expensive vs another delivery service
- Can utilize any grocery store within the local area, easy to use the app if you have used it in the past
- Cost varies depending on your order and delivery time
- Minimum Order $10
- Will deliver alcohol
- Make sure you are using Prime Now App, not Amazon
- Only for Amazon Prime Members
- Free delivery over $35, $4.99 if below $35, 2 hour delivery window
- $9.99 for 1 hour delivery window
- Can shop for other items besides food and beverage, can order diapers, wipes, chargers, sunscreen, band-aids, etc…
- Delivers from local Walmart store
- Delivery fee ranges from $8-$12 depending on time of day
- Minimum order amount $30
- Easy to use if you have used before
- Can take longer then other delivery services
All groceries will be delivered to Bell Services, and perishables will be kept cool. There is not a fee for this. You do not have to be at the resort to accept these deliveries, but make sure you call or go to Bell Services to pick up the order.
If you are wary about having someone else pick out what you need, you can also Uber or Lyft to the nearest grocery store or Walmart and shop for yourself, but you’re obviously going to be sacrificing some time and convenience.
Having extra water and snacks can be extremely helpful when trying to make the most of your Disney World vacation and park days.
Do you have other WDW grocery ordering tips? Drop them in the comments section. Otherwise, until next time, have a magical trip!